Tuesday, June 7, 2016

You surround me with song

In church a few weeks ago, one of the lines in a song we sang stated "you surround me with song."  Song is so important for me.  As I've noted previously, the time in my car is the worst for me and the music on the radio is so important.  If the wrong song is playing, I immediately respond to it emotionally.  So I've been very selective about what I listen to.   Friends have shared some CDs with me and I've also discovered several songs on my own that have become my regular playlist.  Here are a few:

"Every single tear"-He hears every single tear.  He wants to hold you close and dry your eyes. 

"Just be held"- So, when you're on your knees and answers seem so far away.  You're not alone, stop holding on and just be held.

"Tell your heart to beat again"-"You're shattered like you've never been before.  The life you knew in a thousand pieces on the floor...Let the shadows fall away and step into the light of grace.  

"Move (keep walking)"- I know you're feeling like you got nothing left; Well, lift your head, it ain't over yet.

"It might be hope"- You say to yourself it's been a while since I felt this but it feels like it might be hope. 

"Breathe"- Come and rest at my feet. And be just be.  Chaos calls but all you really need is to just breathe.  

There are many others but these are my favorites.  As I stood in church that Sunday morning, I suddenly realized, He has been surrounding me with song.  So many times I turn on the radio and one of these songs is playing.  I set my alarm last week using a new phone app and it automatically picked the song I had been playing the most.  I awoke to one of the above songs.  

And now as I wake, go through my day, and fall asleep at night, one series of lines echoes in my head:

"Beginning.  Just let that word wash over you.  It's alright now.  Love's healing hands have pulled you through.  So get back up, take step one.  Leave the darkness, feel the sun.  'Cause your story's far from over and your journey's just begun".  

Beginning....wash over me.  


No comments:

Post a Comment