Sunday, June 26, 2016

It was the right thing to do

About a month after Mom died, the gentleman I had been communicating with for several months chose to end our relationship.  I'm not going to lie, it hurt.  But even in that moment, I knew it was the right thing to do. 

I was looking for a new purpose, a new outlet for my love, a new direction and already I could feel myself channeling this towards him.  It would have been so easy.  It would have made this transition back to normal simpler.  But none of that means it would have been right. My judgment was clouded.  I could barely decide what to wear and eat much less who to spend my life with. 

Yet, this man stayed with me through the hospital stays and the funeral.  He called and sent flowers and was a true, supportive friend.  

So, to him I'd like to say, regardless of your rationale, you did the right thing for me.  I wish you nothing but the best and all happiness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment