Tuesday, June 7, 2016

I don't know what to do with my hair

It's the little things you miss without a Mom.  The advice.  What pot to use? What temperature do I cook that on? Do you like this polish? What about this outfit?  And these are just a few.  I thought this was mostly limited to me, but it's not.  Apparently, my Mom was the voice of wisdom for many people.  

I visited the assisted living last week and one of the ladies approached me.  "I sure do miss your Mom. I don't know what to do with my hair."  Excuse me?  "She always told me what products to use and what to do with my hair."  Another lady, "I miss your mom because she told me how to fix my spray bottle.  It's broken again and now I can't remember what she did."  

That was my mom in a nutshell.  The one who took the time to listen to all your big life issues like your hair and your spray bottle.  Mom was an encourager.  That was her gift.  

In her honor,  I walked down the hall and fixed that lady's spray bottle.  Good as new.  

No comments:

Post a Comment